10 Surprising Health Benefits of Honey
- Honey Contains Some Nutrients.
- High-Quality Honey Is Rich in Antioxidants.
- Honey Is “Less Bad” Than Sugar for Diabetics.
- The Antioxidants in It Can Help Lower Blood Pressure.
- Honey Also Helps Improve Cholesterol.
- Honey Can Lower Triglycerides.
- The Antioxidants in It Are Linked to Other Beneficial Effects on Heart Health.
- Honey Promotes Burn and Wound Healing.
- Honey Can Help Suppress Coughs in Children.
- It’s Delicious, But Still High in Calories and Sugar.
Raw honey has been used as a folk remedy throughout history and has a variety of health benefits and medical uses.
It’s even used in some hospitals as a treatment for wounds. Many of these health benefits are specific to raw, or unpasteurized, honey.